|To explore examples of online activities which
bring technology into existing curriculum goals and objectives.
- Tour the Global Classroom web site
- Examine KIDLINK projects and topics
- Examine 18 frameworks for educational computing as described by Judi Harris
|Teachers will identify Hawaii learner outcomes and curriculum goals
that can be found in online projects
|To establish local and global connections using e-mail.
- Send e-mail across the AIEA-L listserv
- Establish connections with other teachers or mentors
within local and global communities
|E-mail messages will be sent across the AIEA-L listserv. Teachers will list global contacts in the final project list of resources
|To develop a management plan for using available computers in the classroom or lab
- Identify available computers for word processing and Internet access.
- Make a tentative schedule of access to online computers for students
- List the ways students will send e-mail - online directly or uploading saved text.
|Project plan will be organized to include effective management procedures for the available computers
|To design a technology enhanced curriculum-based project for students using online resources
- Identify a project topic from within the curriculum
- Describe project goals using Hawaii outcomes
- List performance indicators
- Decide on the best telecomputing model or models for the intended class
- Develop project timeline
- Develop activities and discussion questions for participants
- Find Internet resources on the WWW for the students to use
- Invite online participation of other schools or mentors if appropriate
- Provide for evaluation
|The final project will contain learner outcomes from Hawaii performance standards and will include resources from the Internet.
|To grow in a deeper understanding of our cultural diversities and to celebrate them
||Discuss issues we encounter in global communication such as use of language, understanding what is appropriate in one culture but not in another, language barriers
||Project topics will include multicultural awarenesses