Sites with links for Social Studies teachers and students
- Secondary Social Studies - Core Learning Goals [Maryland]; government, US History and World History
- Curriculum Standards for Social Studies from the National Council for the Social Studies
Websites for Social Studies teachers and students
- Allegany County Social Studies Resources - includes courses, resources for teachers and students on a secondary and elementary level.
- Washington County, Maryland - Secondary Social Studies webpage. Includes many bookmarks for social studies teachers.
- Kathy Schrock's Social Studies Resources - lists many Social Studies resources including a link to cultural US maps.
- US History website by Mr. Tassinari at Palmdale High School in Palmdale, California
- Social Studies Resources - by Fred Risinger, director of Professional Development in the School of Education at Indiana University, Bloomington.
- Social Studies Resources - gathered by Dr. Marty Levine, Professor Emeritus of Secondary Education, California State University. Includes lesson plans and resources from the Internet which social studies teachers will find useful.
- Social Studies Resources Utah State Board of Education
Tools for Social Studies teachers and students
- The History Channel - includes This Day in History, search tool (by keyword or timeline) for any topic in history.
- NIE Online - newspaper activities by grade level for teaching current events
- National Council for the Social Studies - an information service for educators
- Local Times Around the World -"This guide attempts to list all of the world's countries, and many of its islands, with a pointer to the local time in the region."
- World Time Zones - from the Greenwich Time website
- Time Zone Converter - Greenwich Time website
- How Far Is It? - Excellent site for finding latitude and longitude as well as calculating the distance between two cities.
- Astrodienst Atlas Query - Find geographic locations
- Foreign Exchange Currency Converter