Our presentation examples address the following Maryland and NCTM standards:
- Identify, describe and create a variety of numeric and non-numeric patters. [Pattern Blocks]
- Find the missing number in a number sentence using a variety of strategies. [Integer Rods]
- Gather relevant data and compile results to answer a question.
- Organize and display data using tables, pictographs and bar graphs.
- Interpret, compare and make predictions based on tables, pictographs and bar graphs.
- Read, write and represent whole numbers and simple fractions using symbols, words and models.
- Use models/manipulatives and make drawings to show multiplication and division facts.
- Identify, name, compare and determine the value of a given set of currency through one hundred dollars and use this knowledge to solve problems including adding and subtracting money and counting change.