Can You Solve These Word Problems?
- Billy ran 53 miles. Kenny ran 7 miles a day for 11 days. How many more miles did Kenny run than Billy?
- At the fair, Annie won 12 stuffed animals on Friday and 6 on Saturday. Sam won 7 stuffed animals. How many more stuffed animals did Annie win than Sam?
- Janie decorated her room with 18 posters. Her brother hung 2 posters on each of his 3 walls. How many more posters did Janie hang than her brother?
- Maria walked 5 miles a day for 5 days. Rose walked 3 miles a day for 9 days. How many more miles did Rose walk than Maria?
- The pilot for East Airlines flies between 680 miles and 715 miles each day.
If he flies 3 days this week, about how many miles will he fly?
Web page created by Danielle, a 5th grade Generation Y student.